It can transform you. Take you soaring through each month, each day, and each moment…
…with direction, enthusiasm, comfort and determination.
Wondering what that one WORD is?
The WORD YOU choose.
A WORD OF THE YEAR signifies what will motivate YOU to action, encourage YOU when you’re struggling, and power up YOUR resolve to accomplish what you envision for your life this year.
Quite simply, the WORD OF THE YEAR is a strategy to produce REAL RESULTS.
Your WORD will act as a guide to help prioritize your activities and make decisions on whether something moves you towards your goals. (Or not!)
Your WORD will serve as a reminder of where you’re headed and how you must BE to get there.
It gives you fuel to press on in moments of doubt or weariness.
Your WORD is both a landmark and a lighthouse.
So, how do you choose ONE WORD that will serve you on every level?
Here’s my fool-proof 5 step formula to get you started:
- Start by thinking about the main area you need to strengthen. Where in your life do you need to come up higher and push yourself a little?What in your life does not match how you would like it to be or look?
- Now visualize your overall goal for the year; the part of your life which is most in need of improvement. Attach a WORD to symbolize it. What ONE WORD will get the ball rolling for YOU and continue to build momentum? It could be how you will feel about yourself; it could be how you will act. It may be in your career or personal life. It can be about your attitude, outlook or how you express yourself in the coming year. You can probably think of several, so how do you know which WORD is best for you?
- Write the WORD that comes to mind. Look at it, say it aloud. Does it call to you…does it ignite something deep within which wakes you up and causes a bolt of excitement to zing through you. Sample it, savor it, and discover how it affects you on a physical level. Are you alive and energized…Or unmoved? NOTE: Select again if the WORD you wrote down isn’t quite right. It’s important the WORD propels you to ACTION. To live out what the WORD means to YOU.
- Only choose ONE WORD. (And when you have an affinity for words it is not easy to pick just one, I get it!) Really make an effort to select only one because it sets your intention. And where you focus, growth will follow. HINT: More than one WORD diverts your attention. (Naturally other words surround it, because words interrelate and support it.) However, let this one WORD represent them too, so you have a simplified approach to receiving what you need.
- Once you have found your WORD, write it repetitively, let it sink in and take hold of your heart. See it, hear yourself saying it, and breathe it in. Let it permeate you so you can bring it forth in your life. It’s this focus and this force which instigates power.
Then…even more important is what you DO with the power it prompts.
Meditate on it, wake up with it, and dream it.
Promote it by marketing it to yourself!
Be creative with how you use this WORD. Display it wherever you are…home, work and car.
Frame it, paint it on a plate or mug at a pottery place, make a vision board with pictures, (representing your goals), forming each letter of your WORD. Put it on an ornament to hang in your room, a pillow for your bed, or on a candle you light each day to signify the light it brings into your life.
I am a big fan of using themes, so go ahead and embrace your WORD by choosing a song with the WORD in the title or the lyrics. Get some books, articles, quotes or poems on it, decorate with a plaque, a magnet, or paint it on your wall. Wear it on a shirt, a hat or a pin.
Make it a part of your daily routine. Journal about your progress with it and pray about it.
Host a party and share it. Above all have fun with it!
The WORD OF YOUR YEAR is a reflective tool to question yourself – does what I am doing, saying, or thinking align with my WORD?
Choose whatever WORD embodies what it is you really want to accomplish when you visualize the results of your upcoming year.
Make sure it will help to produce the results you envision.
The WORD I have chosen is Mission.
For me, this word means my message going to those who need to hear it, and the role I have in sharing insight and wisdom with others to promote their growth. Along with movement; doing what it takes to deliver it.
I bless you and your WORD this year. May it inspire you, serve you and transform you to be more of who you truly are.
Let it become embedded in your heart and move with you through all settings and circumstances. May you portray it in all you do, say, and think.
Cheers to 365 days of MEANING!
What is YOUR WORD? I am thrilled to know what you choose, what your main goals are and how you intend to surround yourself and environment with it! Go ahead and share below.
Be in your GREATNESS,
Coach, Mentor, Inspirational Speaker
Create Authentic Living LLC